Saturday, April 18, 2009

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Learning to sew





I'm Jake And I am 8 years old. I am homeschooled and I am learning to sew. I help my mom make quilts. This is my favorite quilt because I made it for a baby that we babysat and I like that baby.I made him laugh and read to him. And I did a lot of the work myself. My mom took it to a lady in a fabric store to quilt it. Becky quilted elephants alligators and monkeys on it, because that's what I wanted.

Mom's note The quilt shop is
Sew What! in Oxford Alabama

At the design wall
Photobucket

At the machine
Photobucket

And top pieced
Photobucket

After quilting
Photobucket

Karl 2008

20 comments:

  1. Good job. A quilter in the making by the looks of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Jake! What a very nice thing to do for the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific job sewing! Hooray Jake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful quilt. Good for you ...you will find that sewing will serve you well! I love the quilt and am inspired by your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific Jake! The world needs more guy quilters. What a terrific gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, what a fun quilt!! great job jake!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job...very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, Jake,,,that is an awesome quilt! You have every right to be proud of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet quilt! My 10yr old will be so happy to know he's not the only young man creating quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice gift and nice quilt. You should be proud of yourself. I can't wait to see more of your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun quilt. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great design and what a talent you have.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job! what a talented and thoughtful young man.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job Jake, way to go!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job Jake! I hope that it is well loved :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing, Jake!! You are doing great with your quilting endeavour.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a great quilt. You made a wonderful gift for a person you cared for. I am happy that there are young people growing up today with such positive values.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's awesome Jake! Can't wait to see more of your work in the future...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great quilt, Jake!

    ReplyDelete